2 Flaws in Tory Lanez I Told You


Toronto rapper Tory Lanez released his debut album I Told You last Friday, August 19. The album instantly went viral, as expected to with the lead single being "Say It" that took over the radio. Receiving mixed reviews from the critics, but glory from most of the audience, I Told You proved that Tory Lanez has officially made a name for himself as artist. However with a name comes a critique, and after thoroughly listening to the album, I did enjoy it, but their are 2 major flaws in the album that takes away from the art of the songs.

TOO MANY SKITS!
I understand that skits are used in albums in order to tell a story, but having a skit after every song is highly unnecessary. Ultimately the major point of being an artist is creating great music and having an audience to enjoy the music. How can I enjoy and appreciate the sound if after every song the music stops and doesn't flow into the next song? Tory Lanez needs to understand the concept of an interlude and incorporate those instead of a skit after every song.

Mixtape or Album?
Yes, I Told You had good songs, but the album sounds more like a mix tape. I would've liked to here more instruments, more sounds, and overall having a collective cohesive sound, instead of having a singular tone. Overall I thought the album was pretty good, but it sounds more like a mix tape in my opinion.

Comments

  1. BRUH ITS STILL A GOOD ASS ALBUM REGARDLESS SOOOO YEAH....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the album definitely sounds like a mixtape and way overrated

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge