When Did You Fall In Love With Hip-Hop?

Hip-Hop You The Love of My Life


Well I absolutely love this topic, because I love hip-hop. I'm 20 years old, so yes I'm a 90s baby, unfortunately I wasn't alive for the beginning of hip-hop. Therefore my hip-hop influences are not: Eric B & Rakim, Run DMC, KRS-1, Suga Hill Gang, Funky 4 plus One More, Rappers Delight etc... You get the drift. However we 90s babies are the luckiest, because we've gotten a chance to be a part of the elevation of the lifestyle. Raps that were once only rhymes, elevated to many poetic devices. Artist such as: Tupac, Biggie, Common, Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, and OutKast etc...are examples of the advance. With all of that being said, I've been a hip-hop listener since 1998, I was 5 years old, but of course that's not when I fell in love with hip-hop, because I was way too young to appreciate any music. Back then all I enjoyed about music was the catchy tones, but not the lyricism. As the years past I began to develop an infatuation with music as a whole, even listening to oldies and other Genres. In my opinion nothing will compare to hip-hop, especially now with artist like Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Drake, and well myself even. Although all genres have influenced my love for music, I truly fell in love with hip-hop when I heard "Love of My Life" by Erika Badu & Common. The Beat, Lyrics, and Video is the most accurate depiction of hip-hop still to this day. Truly it's something about the way thee beat drops, you just feel it in your soul, and the soul voices and lyrics to match. Love of My Life dropped in August 2002, I was 7 years old at the time and I remember when the video aired on 106 & park, back when 106 & Park was worth watching. With that song, I was drawn and obsessed with hip-hop forever. Yes, hip-hop has had it's disappointing times, but with albums & mixtapes such as: Section 80, Watch The Throne, Take Care, The Warm Up, Control System, Acid Rap, Yeezus etc...You can't stay mad for long lol. Hip-Hop you the love of my life!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review