Mockery or Photography? Kim Kardashian Naked on Paper Magazine

That Ass Award


I officially claim the year 2k14 of "That ASS." Between Nicki Minaj's Anaconda cover art and Kimy K's Paper cover, that's enough ass for the year. Kim Kardashian crashed the internet yesterday with her front cover issue on Paper Magazine. How do you feel about this? I'm not surprised of this exposure from Kim I mean she has a leaked sex tape, but I wish she was seen for the brains over sexuality. Kim Kardashian is a business and should be acknowledged as such. Hopefully this doesn't confuse the younger generation into thinking that beautiful women should only be seen as a sex symbol. No, I am not against nude photography and I am not judging Kim, but art and sex are different. There is some art that is sexual, but this cover is clearly exploiting just sex. I feel like it was highly unnecessary to grease her already desirable body up to add to the sexual display. Women I just think we should hold our self to a much higher pedestal.


Another issue I have with the photo is the mockery of once again our African Queens. Sarah Baartman (center image) during the 19th century was mocked in European freak shows because of her figure. Once again queens being mocked by the public. Let's honor our (all women) instead of mocking them or treating them as animals.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge