If you're reading this its too late Review Drizzy Drake

Drake Legends 


Drake dropped an unexpected mixtape, how interesting because I recently was talking to a friend saying that "Drake have been ghost for a minute." So, I guess we shared telepathy, Drake. As for the mixtape of course there are great songs and the beats are hard as hell, but Drake I wish you would go back to the bars. Drake As for my rating I give it 8 out of 10. Drake talks subliminally about certain rappers and of course the females in his life. Drake also expresses his current situation and feelings about being the leader in the music industry, the ups and downs. My favorite song on the tape is 6pm in New York, and that doesn't surprise me. Drake proved in this song that he's choosing this new style, because in 6pm he showed the old Drake. Also addressing the problems with label mate Tyga, with that dope beat and flow, is what makes this song my favorite. Any time Drake writes a song with a time and a city on it, fans already know that the song will be one to remember. My all time favorite is still 9am in Dallas, that's forever a classic. Drake is a solidified legend, but I just want to hear the metaphors, the entendres, the A1 similes etc... "The lack of effort got me rapping different" Drake himself knows that he's not putting out his best work, as I quote those very words from NWTS. 

There were debates if this was in fact an album, but Drake solidified "if you're reading this," as a mixtape via twitter. The culture and hip hop genre is shifting and I am sure Drake not only knows this, but as one of the causes of the development. It’s official that this is only the beginning of the Toronto era. With all of the ongoing controversy inside of the Cash Money label, fans like myself, question if this mixtape is the last project released under the Young Money/Cash Money label. However Drake is his own verb and genre. This gives fans, like myself anticipation for the album 6 God.  

(Updated) After further review of the Drake's "if you're read this it’s too late," I still believe Drake could be more lyrical. However Drake song writing skills are the Picasso of hip hop songs still. The way songs like Legends are organized to express his growth. Drake's mixtape is quite the perfect balance of tempo for the beginning and ending of a new season. I can foresee the change in this era soon to come. 

Lyrically the order is
5am in Toronto > 6 pm in New York > 9 am in Dallas



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge