Spread The Knowledge, Kendrick Lamar - The Blacker The Berry

Only The Conscious Survives

Audiences including myself are saying, "Hail King Kendrick" once again for this unexpected song release titled, The Blacker the Berry. The hardcore lyrics intertwined perfectly with the intensifying beat, making the song an instant hit to my ears. The music is changing and the culture is shifting, "Only the Real Music is going to Last, All That Other Bull Shit is Here Today and Gone Tomorr..." I quote that not as shot towards Drake, because Drake is an Icon, but just to state the truth. True lyricism and messages are back! Hip hop songs are once again containing meaning pass sex, drugs, and money.
[Verse 3:]
I'm the biggest hypocrite in 2015
When I finish this if you listenin' I'm sure you will agree
This plot is bigger than me, it's generational hatred
It's genocism, it's grimy, little justification
I'm African-American, I'm African
I'm black as the heart of a fuckin' Aryan
I'm black as the name of Tyrone and Dareous
Excuse my French but fuck you, fuck ya'll
That's as blunt as it gets
I know you hate me, don't you?



Kendrick makes a stand in this song; actually the song sounds more like a declaration of war. What are we fighting for? The rights to a culture, no this is not a black or white issue, and based on this song, Kendrick would agree also. The issues we face are humanity issues, and hip hop is a culture. This year the Grammy Awards show did not publicize the rap category, this was the first time they failed to televise the award in 25 years. Why? That’s a rhetorical question, because we all should already know why. Although I was a little skeptical about what to expect from Kendrick on his upcoming album, because of the debut single "I," I now am anticipating the album. Not discrediting "I," because the song was nice, but not spectacular. Overall the song is great, and continues to spread the message inside of the song. #consciousness  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge