J. Cole..."Born Sinner" 1/28/13




"Hip-Hop Savior" (lol) J. Cole has been somewhat silent ever since the release of his debut album, "Cole World: The Sideline Story". I mean...yeah, he's had a couple of joints, verses, and productions here and there, but for the most part, he has been on his Anne Frank swag--it's ironic that he was born in Germany. We've pretty much gotten tired of waiting on Cole to bring some heat. Apparently, we're done waiting. J. Cole said in his Ustream broadcast that on January 28, 2013, we're getting a new album. "Born Sinner".

"I'm A Fool" (Possible single)

"Get Free Cole World"

I don't know what to expect on this album, man. I'm praying that he's done with his benched basketball player gimmick. You're no longer struggling, fam. Let's move on from the Ville struggle rap, pimp. Bring something new to the table. Start something new. Run those clippers down the middle of ya forehead and start a new beginning. I'm not going to lie though, I'm expecting Cole to come back with some heat. If you were a Cole fan from day one, like myself (not to sound like a hipster or anything), you know that J. Cole can come with the heat! That isn't as evident if you started listening around his Friday Night Lights and Cole World: The Sideline Story days. If you listen to "The Warm Up", or "The Come Up" (I'm too lazy to go find it for you), you will be awe-stricken. Cole came with hot punchlines with waaaay above average delivery. Nowadays, his flow has improved, but he has lyrically depreciated. That's just me, though. I heard Cole say in an interview that I can't seem to find anywhere that he's going back to his old ways. Lupe said the same thing. Lupe delivered. Let's hope that J. Cole isn't Digiorno's and actually delivers a quality, replay-quality album.

All in all, J. Cole is "cooking" right now. He has an album coming out with Kendrick Lamar, also. I'm almost certain that's going to be a hit. Now he has another project. He's coming out swinging. I hear a lot of people (mainly on Twitter) say that J. Cole is boring and that he puts them to sleep. Shut up. Say what you want, but Jigglypuff Cole's last album did numbers. His singles did numbers. He is a Grammy nominee. You shouldn't be sleeping, pimp. J. Cole is about to put a dint in the game. Jay-Z doesn't sign chumps. That reminds me, Jay Electromagnetism still hasn't relea....yeah. Be prepared for a great album from Cole. If I'm wrong...well...you can't do anything about it.

Check out the trailer here.

-@CjayTheGreat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review