Shuffle Your Songs and Post the First 3 #30DayBlogChallenge

Day 20
My music shuffled 
  1. Jay Z & Kanye West - Murder to Excellence
    My initial thought was "Dag what happened to Kanye", how do you go from creating this great song to making Facts? Kanye has proven in No Parties that he still "got it" but Watch The Throne is and iconic legendary album. One of the best collaborative albums ever created. From the lyricism, to the beat, the album is pure golden, with not a single song that's worth skipping. The album not only addresses constant struggles that we as humans are fighting for, but also displays a story of the creation of man and where it currently stands.
  2. Frank Ocean - Thinking about youInstantly I thought “WHERE TF IS FRANK OCEAN"?!??! I've been waiting on a follow up album for Channel Orange since 2012. Frank has literally been absent from the music industry for about 5 years at this point. I feel mislead, deprived, and distraught from words. Thinking about you was the lead single off of Channel Orange but it's nowhere near the best song on the album. Without Frank Ocean Watch The Throne wouldn't have been as genius, he made such an important impact in a small time frame.
  3. Jay Z - LuciferThe Black Album is Jay Z's best album was my first thought. I love this album. Jay Z has embodies nothing but classic music but The Black Album takes me back to 2004, which was such a great year for music. My favorite albums released in 2004 were; College Dropout, The Beautiful Struggle, The Black Album, The New Danger, Encore, Urban Legend, Purple Haze, and Tha Carter, talk about a great year for hip hop. Lucifer being such a controversial song was produced by Kanye, and actually provides a message that is unexpected takes you off guard from the title.

    It's interesting how I shuffle my music daily, and usually it consist of a mixture of random people who have no correlation to one another, from All time low to Future. However today as I chose to write about the first 3 shuffles they all directly incorporates each other. With Frank Ocean being a major feature on Watch The Throne, that contained Jay Z & Kanye to a solo Jay Z song that was produced by Kanye lol. Anyone that knows me would think I planned this, but I didn't those were my first 3 songs shuffled and my thoughts to match. I'm looking forward in hearing Kanye's new album Waves, formally known as Swish this month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge