The Life of Pablo Review

What a nice Valentine’s Day treat we received from Kanye West, with the release of his highly anticipated 8th album The Life of Pablo. After several name changes Kanye finally stuck with Pablo as such a fitting title for the album. As always the entire production on the album was incredible. Kanye painted murals of each instrument as feelings like they were scenes from an old time movie. If a movie was used to describe the album I would instantly envision an old time black & white movie. The Life of Pablo is a fusion of old College Dropout Kanye, MBDTF, and a dab of Yeezus all mixed into one. Honestly I haven't concluded my exact feelings towards the album. The intro "Ultra Beam" was uplifting, "No Parties" was incredible and as predicted the best song on the album, "Wolves" was great also, but it still feels like there's something missing in this album. Unlike all of his other masterpieces The Life of Pablo is missing those sequences of songs that not only flow together and feed off of each other but also that love factor. Usually on a Kanye album I'm expecting myself to absolutely love 3 or 4 songs, but the only song I crave is on Pablo is "No Parties". As for the subject matter, Kanye just doesn't sound happy, and the album is more personal, when I enjoy political Kanye. Overall I enjoyed the album, the intro which features Chance the Rapper screams church, and he’d be the perfect Christian rapper. The songs following the intro I would not consider gospel although Kanye said they would. Kanye stacked up on features for this album and I'd say that it definitely paid off. No, The Life of Pablo is not my favorite Kanye album, but at least as a whole it's better than Yeezus. 
Songs that made each album great!

The College Dropout: 
All Falls Down, Through the Wire, Slow Jamz, Jesus Walks

Late Registration:
Heard 'em Say, Diamonds, Touch the Sky, Crack Music
 
Graduation:
THE WHOLE ALBUM

808s & Heartbreak:
Say You Will, Heartless, Paranoid, Love Lockdown

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy:
THE WHOLE ALBUM

Watch The Throne:
THE WHOLE ALBUM

Yeezus:
New Slaves, Black Skin Head, Bound 2, Blood on the Leaves

The Life of Pablo:

30 hours, No Parties, Wolves,

(Update)

After continuously listening to the Life of Pablo, I've concluded that the album is in fact in sync with each song, feeding off of every ending. The album is still not my favorite from Kanye, but it's a great album. Kanye includes some political matters from his perspective as an artist, and shows us he's still a musical genius. “Facts” has even grown on me, being a song that I can only listen to while I'm enjoying to the entire album. “Facts” is Yeezy's "Ham" referencing the Watch the Throne single with Jay Z. The Life of Pablo is the depth of Kanye's current state of mind and shows frustration and happiness all in one. 

Comments

  1. Dope as album but my favorite is still Late Registration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this album was trash! Kanye wasn't talking about nothing and the only thing good were the beats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge