The Fake Future (Desiigner)

Recently it has come to my whereabouts that the song "Father Stretch My Hands" which I thought featured Atlanta rapper Future was in fact actually a sample titled "Panda" from a G.O.O.D Music artist by the name of Designer. This is unexpected twist for Brooklyn natives in my opinion. I'm use to NY artist being innovators not impostors. We give you guys credit for creating the genre now let others manipulate the sound and make their own. Stick to the classic NY sound that we all love and admire. As a resident of Atlanta, spending half of my life in this city I was irate. Personally I'm not a Future fan nor would I ever claim to be, however that doesn't make it right to be an impostor. Future is a trap rock star period, so his style being copied doesn't surprise me, but to imply accolades in Atlanta knowing you sound just like the reigning King of Atlanta and to pretend to be him by making appearances dressed as Future and letting people address you as Future is completely disrespectful.  Kanye may have signed you to demonstrate how Future's style can be imitated or to progress some kind of feud between them two, but I am not impressed by you at all. You are simply distasteful and untalented if you have to steal someone else's style in order to make a name for yourself. Frankly you taking another artist's style contradict your entire name, and yes you sound exactly like Future. I hope that your other music is unique. As for Kanye, why didn't you just get Future? How hard could that have possibly been? Once fans became aware of the news, the troll of memes soon followed. I just wonder how Future is taking this.   

However I blame the hip hop audience for letting this fly, just because the song is good doesn't mean we should tolerate thievery. What happened to honoring individuality? Hip Hop has always had unspoken laws that artist would abide to, making the genre unique. 
1. You write your own raps. 
2. You're honest about your life's struggles, if you have any or not. 
3. You create your own sound and honor those who have influenced yours. 

So far in the recent years of hip hop all of these rules have been broken, which puts hip hop in this mediocre, lacking substance, soulless state. We're losing the principal behind the music in exchange for imaginary dollars and temporary glamour.  


#desiigner ain't the only competition for #futureLike DJ Akademiks for more
Posted by DJ Akademiks on Sunday, February 21, 2016




Comments

  1. Fuck all that the song still fy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not desiigner in the video, but I do think he should get his own sound.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge