Where is the love? (Connecticut shooting)

  


 If you clicked on this blog expecting humor, close the tab, man.

     As you all know, there has been a shooting in Cameron, Connecticut orchestrated by 24-year-old, Ryan Lanza, involving the death of 26 people...including 18 children. 18 CHILDREN! Where do you find it in your soul to confiscate the lives of 18 children. I don't care how bad the kids were, or what they've done in their lifetimes, but the fact is...their lifetime was short. They still had a lifetime ahead of them. The joy of being a child is being semi-free of responsibility and enjoying life. These children have been deprived of that. To add to that, the surviving kids have to live with the fact that their friends and playmates have been unjustly erased from the face of the Earth.

     Listening at 3:25 in the video, I wonder..."What WOULD I tell my child if he had to go through this?" If my mind is in a blur, imagine what it must be like for the peers of those children. Unreal. I think this affects me a bit more than normal because I have a 10-year-old brother in school as I type. If my brother was killed by some reckless idiot, I'd be ready to take on the world, not giving a single skjhb about my consequences. I can't even empathize with the victims parents and family members, because I know for a fact that I can't feel their pain. That's a pain that only they will know. An unbearable pain that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

    Where do we go from here though. At this moment, #GunControlNow is trending on Twitter. Hopefully, this is not where these reckless idiots will lead us. Hopefully the actions of some hatred-filled sociopaths will not lead us into a state of defenselessness. Guns are not the problem, people. A gun will not stand up and fire at an innocent 2nd grade child. It's the people that are holding the guns that are committing these crimes. We should not be stripped of one of our most effective means of defense. If you look around, you will see that we are denying each other love. This nation is full of hatred towards each other. We are so self-centered and selfish that we do not care for each other. This is a result of that. Before you go pointing fingers, we have look inside of ourselves. I'm not saying that he's not wrong, so don't misinterpret me. I'm just saying that we need to come together and stop acting like idiots for a change.

    Finally, I hope I don't see you all undermining the deaths of these innocent children with other deaths. I hope I don't see, "Children get killed every day" or "Kids in Africa are starving". That's just...never mind. Point is, we're not happy about that either. Let's just, instead of focusing on each others' order of priority when it comes to death, focus on the solution. 

Follow the LiveL!VE Twitter page @LiveLIVELLC

--@CjayTheGreat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge