50 Shades of Black Review

After carefully deliberating I've decided that the Wayans family are hilarious, but only when they're together. Think about it... Their best movies and sitcoms involve 3 or more Wayans, for example; Don't Be A Menace, White Chicks, In Living Color, Little Man, Scary Movie. I can go on but as for the solo projects, ehh not so much. Their recent movie 50 Shades of Black hit theaters yesterday and although I did share some laughs, I would've rather sat home and watched rerun episodes of The Wayans Brothers. Of course in 50 Shades the Wayans used their parody style of comedy to turn the "seriousness" of the original movie into pure comedy. However I think the trailer provides more than enough scenes that ultimately takes away from watching the movie, because you feel as if you've already saw it. I would've liked for the Wayans to be more creative with the comedy and not exploiting homosexuality as much. Yes, I understand as an avid Wayans viewer that Marlon Wayans has always been the front runner for the gay jokes in the family, but I was over it after A Haunted House.

By the way, where is Shawn? Marlon hasn't been as funny without his counterpart Shawn Wayans; they feed off of each other's comedic style. Shawn having the more serious eye candy dry humor, while Marlon being the straight forward slightly corny dumb but hilarious aspect. I would love for them two to get back in action and recreate the classics. Another thing I've noticed about the comedy since the absence of Shawn are the story lines, they seem to be lacking one. When you think of movies like White Chicks, yes it was a parody, but there was also a story line which builds up the comedy. Overall 50 Shades of Grey was entertaining enough to see on a Friday night, and I would recommend the movie for a Netflix and chill night. 


However I would like to know, what's your favorite Wayans comedy? Mine is White Chicks, that movie never gets old to me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review