Wale Performs at the State of The Union

Wale

 

On Tuesday, January 12, 2016, a historic moment for hip hop and history took place; With Wale being the first rapper to perform for the 2016 State of the Union. Introduced by former 106 & Park host and actor Terrence J, Wale did in fact turn the State of the Union into a concert lol. Performing 3 songs "DC Chillin," "White Sneakers," and "Love Hate," Wale represented DC and hip hop proudly. What a way to begin the final year of Barack Obama presidency. I loved it! Part of me was like ok the fact that his DJ have a laptop with the infamous stickers in the middle of the stage and Wale referring to the White House as "this joint" is a little hood, but it's us, it shows our culture. Wale was himself and didn't change just because he was at the White House and I loved that. Not only was the performance great, but I also applauding Wale for refraining from using the N word during the performance. High five because I know I would've forgotten lol. I wish he could've performed more, especially off of his classic album Ambition. He could've performed "DC or Nothing" ooooh I love that song, but hey I'm not mad at the songs he chose, very appropriate. Nice job Wale, this is the exact promotion you needed in order for people like me to remember your hip hop stature. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review