G.O.O.D Friday is Back (kinda) New Kanye



Kim Kardashian announced via Twitter that G.O.O.D Friday is back. For those of you who don't know what that means, Kanye West will release a NEW song every Friday until the release of his new album titled SWISH. Kanye introduced the original G.O.O.D Friday releases during the release of his classic album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. This is my favorite album of Kanye's to this date. So hopefully that means that the new album and singles will be just as great. Although his recent releases "Facts" and "Real Friends" are not looking like it. Today he released "Real Friends/No Parties" which features singer Ty Dollar $ign and my hopes were high once again because I love Ty and Ye for the most part, but my high quickly went low. Once again Ye borrows the Drake sound in th chorus and the song as a whole is pretty amateur compared to the Ye we're use to. Yes, this song is way better than "Facts," but it's still not great. I'm use to great, sorry Kanye you spoiled me. As for the snippet "No Parties" which features Kendrick Lamar, the song sound pretty hot, but of course he can't leave Kendrick hanging, so now I'm predicting that "No Parties" will probably be the best song on the entire album. As I listen to "Christian Dior Denim Flow," one of the old Kanye G.O.O.D Friday's songs, my opinion towards these new songs are reassured. This was old Kanye who inspired and made fans feel like they're invincible and can do anything. This "New Kanye" the sell out, the drake wannabe, can go back to where ever he came from for me. Here's the new song "Real Friends" and the old song "Christian Dior," so be honest with yourself, we know which is better.  Why I keep talking about this? Because I was Kanye fan, watched him grow into this and it truly hurts as a hip hop lover. Talk about Heartbreak. Anyways inside of the song Kanye talks about his family problems and other conflicts he has in his personal life. Using sarcasm to describe the people who are taking advantage of his wealth and fame as "real friends."  

Real Friends/No Parties https://soundcloud.com/kanyewest/real-friends-no-more-parties-in-la-snipped

Christian Diro Denim Flow

Comments

  1. Yeah I can't lie the old Good Friday's was waaaaay better

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Should Hip Hop Have Labels? Conscious VS Trap

Single Life, Relationship, or Situationship ? #30DayBlogChallenge

Drake and Future What a Time to Be Alive Review